Today it’s all about Hallie and our upcoming event at the clinic!
First of all…have you ever wondered what a doula is?
A doula, also known as a birth companion, birth coach, or post-birth supporter, is a non-medical person who assists a woman before, during, or after childbirth, to provide emotional support and physical help if needed. They also may provide support to the mother’s partner and family.
Hallie is the owner of Better Beginnings. She and and Dr Jesse met through interests ... and then found out that they not only shared a background from Duluth (they both graduated from Duluth East) but that they shared mutual friends as well. Not to mention, they both have a strong affinity for Haflinger clogs (if you don't know what they are, you need to go have a look)!
Hallie became a certified postpartum doula in 2013, and a certified lactation counselor in 2014. Since then, she's continued her professional education and built a stellar team of women dedicated to helping families transition as they add new life to their lives. In her “previous life” she was a teacher. She and her husband live in St. Paul with their four young children, and in her spare time she enjoys travel, reading, and being outdoors.
Better Beginnings, founded in 2013, provides premier in-home postpartum services to Twin Cities families welcoming new babies. They specialize in postpartum doula care and lactation support, but also provide in-home prenatal and postpartum massage therapy, in-home acupuncture, in-home fourth trimester photography, and placenta encapsulation. They were nominated for the Twin Cities Birth & Baby Expo's Best of the Twin Cities Award in 2017 and 2018.
We are so excited to partner with Hallie and Better Beginnings next month with our:
Self Care Saturday : Childbirth Recovery event
This event will be at the CHIRO FOR MOMS clinic on Saturday February 9th
2:00-3:00 PM - Postpartum Protection + Healing
3:00-3:30 PM - Optional Q+A, Stretches, and Strategies
ARTISAN COFFEE + DONUTS + MIMOSAS + GIVEAWAYS!
This event is a workshop focused on the physical recovery of the postpartum time, following either a vaginal or cesarean birth. Dr. Jesse Lillejord of CHIRO FOR MOMS and Hallie Rogers of Better Beginnings will discuss body alignment of mom (and baby!), structural body changes from birth to beyond, ways to set up for successful healing in the home, local resources for physical healing, and tips and tricks for helping your body recover from childbirth. Connect with other expectant moms, and leave feeling prepared to care for your self in your postpartum time!
Information to sign up will be on the www.chiroformoms.com website. Head to the TO BUY tab and click on EVENTS.
We cannot wait to see you there!
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Prenatal + Postpartum + Pediatric Nutrition
- Why Chiropractic When Your Baby is Learning to Walk
- Clinic Updates from Dr. Jesse!
- Giving Back to Postpartum Mothers!
- Our Top 20 Fave Local Minnesota Resources for Female / Pregnancy / Prenatal / Postpartum Care
- Dr. Jesse's Take on Immunity!
- 5 Reasons Chiro Is Safe For Kids + 3 Studies To Back That
- 12 common KIDZ symptoms to see your pediatric chiropractor for!
- Prioritizing Time Off to REFRESH + RESET + and REFOCUS for 2020!
- 6 Easy Steps to Marketing and Communication for a Female Based Chiropractic Clinic
- My Postpartum Plan! - Carrie Gaynor
- SHOUT OUT LOUD! Suicide Prevention Charity Event!
- What's a doula? - By guest blogger Stephanie Sinclair of How 2 Mom
- Celebrating One Year of Treating Women - 3 Pregnancy Stories
- Networking Blah..
- There's no such thing as balance!
- What Keeps You Going and Brings You Joy - Stefanie's Health Journey
- Top 5 Wellness Tips for Busy Moms
- Nursing In Public
- Summer Vacation
- NEW CHIRO FOR MOMS APP!
- INTRODUCING MASSAGE THERAPY
- Meet Carisa! The visionary behind CULTIVATE JOY!
- Summer Blackout - Self Care
- It's been ONE YEAR!!!
- Quality Care That Makes A Difference - Clinic Sofia OBGYN, PA
- Introducing our Yoga Instructor!
- Top 3 Ways to Strongly Support Your Belly / Low Back During Pregnancy
- The Joys of Motherhood
- Becoming a Specialist - Words from our Pinterest Guru
- 5K Virgin - Mom Boss 5K -By Dr. Jesse
- Hallie Rogers - Jennifer Joslyn - Dr. Jesse - Self Care Saturday!
- Staying Fit Safely with Megan Kruger from MPower
- Outside the Clinic
- Meet Dr. Alyssa - Guest speaker at our Mama Mayhem Event!
- Giving Grace
- Meet Kristin - Our Newest Team Member
- Meet Carisa Rasmussen - Guest speaker at our Low Backs + Laughter Event
- How Often Should You See a Chiropractor?
- Deep Tissue Stretching Session