We're lending our time and efforts this Saturday, October 5th, 2019 to support suicide prevention - as it is a topic that is near and dear to our hearts. Here are a few words from the team at Shout Out Loud:
Suicide isn't about what is seen on the outside... it's about the overwhelming storm on the inside. What we can do about it as a community is fund our prevention and treatment programs. We can SHOUT OUT LOUD about our difficulties controlling stress, depression, chronic pain, substance abuse and ask for help. We can listen to one another and recommend treatment, and we need to talk about mental wellness with our children!
Our goal with Shout Out Loud is to normalize the conversation about suicide prevention in our community and encourage participation in local wellness resources.
Four years ago, Laura, who owns Tiny Acorn Portraits lost her brother Aaron to suicide. He was a talented musician who was well-known in the Minneapolis music community. She made it her mission to honor his memory by helping others in similar situations get the help and support they deserve. Dr. Lisa started a tele-mental health group therapy practice, Synergy eTherapy, several years ago with the mission to increase access to high-quality mental health treatment that can reach anyone in MN from the comfort of their home.
October 5th 2019, Laura and Lisa are teaming up to hold the 2nd Annual ‘Shout Out Loud’ Suicide Prevention and Resource Awareness Event. An incredible outdoor event is in the works with bands, food trucks, raffle prizes, wellness resources, amazing speakers and more! The planning is in the works, would you like to volunteer your time or services? Contact us for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org
The net proceeds in 2019 will go to The PrairieCare Child and Family Fund, a charitable non-profit organization established in 2016 in the Twin Cities. Their purpose is to support mental health innovations in education, services and research. They have granted over $125,000 to Minnesota schools! The goal of their grants are to help create sustainable education programs for district and program staff to better identify and work with kids who may be struggling with poor mental health. Many of the grants awarded included funding for regular staff education and seminars as well as curriculums that will be implemented into the daily educational routine for kids that promote resiliency and mental wellness.
According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the suicide rate in Minnesota increased a whopping 40.6% over the past 18 years. We need your help in bringing awareness to the 10th leading cause of death in the nation.
Here's their facebook link:
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Why Chiropractic When Your Baby is Learning to Walk
- Clinic Updates from Dr. Jesse!
- Giving Back to Postpartum Mothers!
- Our Top 20 Fave Local Minnesota Resources for Female / Pregnancy / Prenatal / Postpartum Care
- Dr. Jesse's Take on Immunity!
- 5 Reasons Chiro Is Safe For Kids + 3 Studies To Back That
- 12 common KIDZ symptoms to see your pediatric chiropractor for!
- Prioritizing Time Off to REFRESH + RESET + and REFOCUS for 2020!
- 6 Easy Steps to Marketing and Communication for a Female Based Chiropractic Clinic
- My Postpartum Plan! - Carrie Gaynor
- SHOUT OUT LOUD! Suicide Prevention Charity Event!
- What's a doula? - By guest blogger Stephanie Sinclair of How 2 Mom
- Celebrating One Year of Treating Women - 3 Pregnancy Stories
- Networking Blah..
- There's no such thing as balance!
- What Keeps You Going and Brings You Joy - Stefanie's Health Journey
- Top 5 Wellness Tips for Busy Moms
- Nursing In Public
- Summer Vacation
- NEW CHIRO FOR MOMS APP!
- INTRODUCING MASSAGE THERAPY
- Meet Carisa! The visionary behind CULTIVATE JOY!
- Summer Blackout - Self Care
- It's been ONE YEAR!!!
- Quality Care That Makes A Difference - Clinic Sofia OBGYN, PA
- Introducing our Yoga Instructor!
- Top 3 Ways to Strongly Support Your Belly / Low Back During Pregnancy
- The Joys of Motherhood
- Becoming a Specialist - Words from our Pinterest Guru
- 5K Virgin - Mom Boss 5K -By Dr. Jesse
- Hallie Rogers - Jennifer Joslyn - Dr. Jesse - Self Care Saturday!
- Staying Fit Safely with Megan Kruger from MPower
- Outside the Clinic
- Meet Dr. Alyssa - Guest speaker at our Mama Mayhem Event!
- Giving Grace
- Meet Kristin - Our Newest Team Member
- Meet Carisa Rasmussen - Guest speaker at our Low Backs + Laughter Event
- How Often Should You See a Chiropractor?
- Deep Tissue Stretching Session
- What is the Webster Technique + Top 5 Ways to Avoid Pain Postpartum