No such thing as balance!
I’ve spent nearly a decade studying to be a chiropractor, been married for 9 years, have been a mother for 8 years - and the one thing I’ve learned - there is NEVER a balance.
Let me elaborate -
I’m a doer, right? So, that means I’m always shuffling and throwing too much on my plate. I’ve learned as I’ve gotten older (and wiser!) that I can’t constantly be running, but I’ve also learned that nothing every officially slows down either. Everyday I wake up with a plan, and every day my plan changes. Whether it’s a sick kid, an emergency at the clinic, a broken appliance, a friend needing help … the list doesn’t ever stop. So I say this : being malleable is the true answer to managing it all!
I run a clinic that caters to busy women. Know what that means? It means allowing them the grace to have OFF days. That means not shaming them when they call with a puking kid and can’t make it in. That also means setting the space up to make things as easy for them as possible when they’re in here - coffee, kid proof space, yummy smells, extra diapers, and hair ties, and tampons, and make-up removing wipes. Seriously, I’ve had to think about all these things.
This summer was the perfect example of lack of “balance” - but also, a ton of joy! Because at the end of the day, that’s what I’m after (even if it means I’m exhausted).
Here’s how it went:
We prepped the summer schedule with a Nanny and help from my mother. Changed the schedule at the clinic - my husband took a morning - and we decided to skip any camps or extracurriculars to keep the schedule simple. Well, it was anything but simple. In the midst of summer, we found our dream home on a farm and decided to leap. That meant ALL PLANS SHIFTING overnight. Late nights painting - early mornings sending emails - jumping around showings and carpet being installed … which meant the kids had to spend a majority of their time at the Nanny’s house (thank goodness for her and her family). Not to mention, school started approaching and sports began - both for our Nanny and for our oldest daughter. UFFDA.
So, remind yourself on the daily that it’s ok not to feel balanced. As long as you check in with yourself and make sure you’re happy and healthy. Perhaps allowing yourself to accept that you don’t have to always be balanced might even help you feel happy and more healthy. Worth a shot, right?!
In Same Category
Related by Tags
- Dr. Jesse's Take on Immunity!
- 5 Reasons Chiro Is Safe For Kids + 3 Studies To Back That
- 12 common KIDZ symptoms to see your pediatric chiropractor for!
- Prioritizing Time Off to REFRESH + RESET + and REFOCUS for 2020!
- 6 Easy Steps to Marketing and Communication for a Female Based Chiropractic Clinic
- My Postpartum Plan! - Carrie Gaynor
- SHOUT OUT LOUD! Suicide Prevention Charity Event!
- What's a doula? - By guest blogger Stephanie Sinclair of How 2 Mom
- Celebrating One Year of Treating Women - 3 Pregnancy Stories
- Networking Blah..
- There's no such thing as balance!
- What Keeps You Going and Brings You Joy - Stefanie's Health Journey
- Top 5 Wellness Tips for Busy Moms
- Nursing In Public
- Summer Vacation
- NEW CHIRO FOR MOMS APP!
- INTRODUCING MASSAGE THERAPY
- Meet Carisa! The visionary behind CULTIVATE JOY!
- Summer Blackout - Self Care
- It's been ONE YEAR!!!
- Quality Care That Makes A Difference - Clinic Sofia OBGYN, PA
- Introducing our Yoga Instructor!
- Top 3 Ways to Strongly Support Your Belly / Low Back During Pregnancy
- The Joys of Motherhood
- Becoming a Specialist - Words from our Pinterest Guru
- 5K Virgin - Mom Boss 5K -By Dr. Jesse
- Hallie Rogers - Jennifer Joslyn - Dr. Jesse - Self Care Saturday!
- Staying Fit Safely with Megan Kruger from MPower
- Outside the Clinic
- Meet Dr. Alyssa - Guest speaker at our Mama Mayhem Event!
- Giving Grace
- Meet Kristin - Our Newest Team Member
- Meet Carisa Rasmussen - Guest speaker at our Low Backs + Laughter Event
- How Often Should You See a Chiropractor?
- Deep Tissue Stretching Session
- What is the Webster Technique + Top 5 Ways to Avoid Pain Postpartum
- Meet Hallie Rogers - CoHost of our upcoming Self Care Saturday Event
- MERCH IS HERE!
- Meet Stephanie Sinclair - The woman behind How 2 Mom
- Enjoy Every Moment
- Best Travel Pillow for the Holidays
- Prioritizing Self Care Through Holiday Stress
- Benefits of a Styrofoam Roller