Low Back Stretches for Non-pregnant Women:
Stretches for Low Back Pain! These stretches are specific for women who are NOT pregnant!
- Hip flexor stretch: in a lunge, tuck you pelvis and slowing lean forward with your legs. Use the opposite hand to press into your knee and look over your shoulder.
- Knee to chest: lying flat on your back, pull each knee to your chest then both together
- Lying figure four: Laying, cross your ankle over your knee to make a figure four. This may be enough for you, if you need more, grab the leg that is planted and pull your thigh to your chest.
- Cobra: On your stomach, press yourself onto your forearms. Extend more by lifting yourself onto straight arms
- Child’s pose: with feet together and knees apart, fold yourself toward and sit back. Reach arms side to side!
- Ball extension: Lay back on an exercise ball letting yourself relax and extend backwards.