The days are getting colder, school is well underway, and of course everything is ~pumpkin-spiced~ Before the winter tundra hits, we want to inspire you to get outside as much as you can!
What are the benefits of spending time outdoors?
- Vitamin D exposure
- Mood improvements
- More physical activity in your day (not just planned exercise)
- Improved concentration
- You many even have less pain!
Need Ideas? We have you covered!
- Bring your exercise ball and foam roller outside--they're easy to clean!
- Exercise bands are a great way to get resistance training outdoors.
Links: exercise ball, foam roller, resistance bands
Go for a walk/run/hike:
- Take advantage of the Fall scenery! Minnesota has amazing trails and bike paths, there is bound to be one you haven't checked out yet.
- Resource we love: TrailLink. Plus there is a free app!
Move work + school outside
- One benefit of working from home or being at home for school is that your office space can move! Plan out designated times to work outside each day; it can help with the mid-day hump and boost your mood.
Play with the kids (+ fur kids)
- Nature scavenger hunt-- think of pinecones, a particular leaf color, etc.
- "Eye spy": traditionally a car game is actually the perfect game to play on walks with the kids too!
- Teach them about nature! Seek by iNaturalist is a great (free) app that uses image recognition to identify plants and animals around you.
- Younger kids? Sensory play options for littles outside are endless! (Sensory input of all types help your baby's neurons fire + their brain make connections!)
- Take the family dog on a walk or play fetch!
JOYFUL Stretching! Equipment needed: a tree.
Check out Dr. Kayla's video for some specific ideas
Did you come up with a great tree stretch? Amazing outdoor scavenger hunt? We want to see what you're doing to get in nature so make sure to tag us! Use the hashtag #getoutsidewithchiro
@chiro_for_moms + @chiro_for_kidz
*** And don't hesitate to reach out with questions /// thoughts surrounding this topic! ***