Read on to learn why your child should see our pediatric chiropractor for a Fall Wellness Check! Keep the kiddos healthy this fall and winter by reaping all the chiropractic benefits that come with being adjusted.
School is looking quite different for everyone this year. Whatever schooling option you have decided for your child, we want to help keep them at their healthiest + happiest so they can learn + grow to their full potential all year long! How can we do that? With a Fall Wellness Check!
During your child's wellness check, our pediatric specialist will start with any concerns you or your child may have with their well-being. Their entire spine will be assessed using a gentle technique that is safe for children to identify and adjust any spinal misalignments. They will then get specific stretches that target any specific issues they may be having. Don't worry--these are fun, kid friendly stretches that will stick with them.
- Pretend to be a turtle (child's pose) - Kneel on the floor and spread your knees out and let your belly fall between your knees with your forehead on the ground and arms extended above your head
- Pretend to be a seal (cobra pose) - Lie with your belly on the floor. Stretch your legs back, tops of the feet on the floor. Spread your hands on the floor under your shoulders. Hug the elbows back into your body.
- Pretend to be a butterfly (butterfly pose) - Sit down and bend your knees so your feet are touching in front of you. Your legs should make a diamond shape. Move your butterfly by moving your knees up and down. Try going slowly at first and then speed up…try different speeds and see what feels best for your body.
- Pretend to be a giraffe (extended mountain pose) - Inhale and raise arms above the shoulders & head, reaching tall like a giraffe.
Why should your child come in this fall for a wellness check? As school restarts, we start to see more musculoskeletal issues arising in kids. Most are related to the longer hours of sitting with poor posture such as:
- Heachaches/Migraines related to neck tightness from muscle tension + forward head carriage
- Upper back pain from poor posture-- like hunching over a desk/computer
- Low back pain + Hip tightness from long hours of sitting
There are other concerns we can address too such as sinus + ear infections! We can help with some preventative care and additional tips for those unpleasant infections if they do arise.
As we approach the ~official~ launch of Chiro for Kidz on September 21st we want to answer any questions you may have related to pediatric chiropractic. If there is something we've missed reach out to our team by email