How often do we treat?
Treatment recommendations during pregnancy are based on individual needs, but a good rule of thumb - is to seek prenatal chiropractic care 1x/month if you're not dealing with severe pain or discomfort.
The conditions we typically see with treating frequency are:
1st TRIMESTER - 1 VISIT
- achy joints - low back pain
2nd TRIMESTER - 1x/MONTH
- ligament laxity = more pelvis / low back pain
- shifting pelvis = low back / sciatica pain
3rd TRIMESTER - 2x/MONTH
LAST MONTH - 1x/WEEK
- pelvic positioning / delivery prep
- 30 weeks - start Webster Technique
- round ligament pain - diaphragm pain
- rib pain - low back pain - pelvis pain
- blood flow / swelling
Care can be more frequent if you need to decrease pain or work on pelvis positioning for you and baby.